OCTOBER......ALREADY?


Hello,
 Can you believe we’re already in October!
I most certainly cannot - didn’t we just have Christmas a few months back?
So now is about the time I start stressing about all the Christmas cards I have NOT yet made,
So in a bid to be on top of my Christmas cards this year I thought I’d jump right on it and hopefully not still be making cards right up until the morning of - yes I did that last year.
 
So funny story about the cards this week, these are not the cards I had planned to share with you, in fact I had my other cards all prepped and ready to go, I was just waiting on a stamp set to turn up in the snail mail to finish them off, my stamps came…. but the one I wanted to use was very badly cracked and I had to return it.
 
 So there I was, lost - I mean one does not simply come up with a new card design out of thin air,
So I’m sitting in my crafting chair gazing away trying to think of something new and fabulous to make that was “Christmas themed” and I’m going to be honest with you all, I didn’t have a bloody clue what to make, I mean all the stamps, dies and inks sitting in front of me and I was blank, nothing came to mind.
 
So in my state of the unknown and the nothingness I just grabbed a new stamp set from Simon Says Stamp called Graphic Christmas that just happened to be sitting on my desk and just started playing really - I had no clue what I was going to do or any set design in mind I just grabbed the little tree stamp and a few different green ink pads and started stamping.
 
So this is what I ended up with….
 
Like I did a little while back I used one card design with two slightly different finishes,
Again making two of each of the different finished card designs, giving me four cards.
 The cards are all A2 top folding cards made out of Trophee Board White Linen 240 GSM Paper.
 
My trees from earlier all ended up been stamped in Old Olive ink, so I then used the smaller tree stamp that pairs up with the Old Olive tree and heat embossed inside them using Ranger Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder to make them pop a bit.
 
I also added the gold heat embossed tree to the bottom left hand side to the front of all four Whisper White C6 Envelopes, I always like to try and give my cards a matching envelope when I can.
 
While I was at it I also heat embossed the sentiment to all four card bases, I used the same sentiment on all four cards using Ranger Super Fine Black Embossing Powder, the sentiment came from the Graphic Christmas stamp set just like all the trees.
 
I then fussy cut all the stamped / heat embossed trees out and went from there.

 
For the first two cards I kept my card design minimal with a lot of white area showing,
I popped three of the stamped / heat embossed trees up on Foam Dots and placed them in a line slightly above the sentiment, To add some sparkle to the cards I used the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and punched out a star to add to the top of the middle tree on both cards using some Stampin’ Up! Gold Glimmer Paper.
 

For my second take on the card design I wanted a bit more of a playful touch with more interest on the card front, so I took the Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow Stencil and some Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 White Embossing Paste and used this to cover my card front.
This gave it a soft white on white affect with more detail without been too distracting. I then assembled the trees the same way as the other two cards again adding a gold glimmer star to the middle tree and that was me done.

 
So in the end I was quite happy with what I managed to come up with and love the snow affect so much that I already have another card planed that I have in mind for my sisters Christmas card.
Thanks for reading and happy crafting to you all,
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
Stampin’ up!
 
Heat Tool
Mini Glue Dots
Gold Glimmer Paper
Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
Whisper White - C6 Envelopes
Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad
 
.
 
Simon Says Stamp
 
Versamark - Ink Pad
Tsukineko - Palette Knives Tools
EK Success - Powder Tool Applicator
Simon Says Stamp - Falling Snow Stencil
We R Memory Keepers - Trim & Score Board
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine Gold
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine Black
Best Creation - Big Circles 3D Foam Tape Dots
Simon Says Stamp - Graphic Christmas Stamp Set
Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 - White Embossing Paste
Simon Says Stamp - Ultra Thick White Cardstock 120 LB
 
.
 
OTHER

Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Paper


No comments