#GDP075 - BEST BIRDS

 
Hello, happy Sunday everyone!
Today’s card I created for this week’s Global Design Project challenge,
Our theme for the week is winged creatures - I’ve chosen a gorgeous little sparrow!

 
For today’s project I wanted to mix the old in with the new, I’ve chosen an older stamp set
for the focal image and mixed it up with a new sentiment and some Designer Series Paper.
 
My card base is an A2 top folding card made out of Whisper White Thick Cardstock,
Again I’ve used the Stampin' Trimmer for all my trimming and paper scoring today.

 
For the base of my project I’ve added two paper layers, slightly overlapping each other.
The top layer is from the new Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper Stack, and the
bottom layer is Soft Sky Cardstock, these two colours work so beautifully together!
 
My focal image is a gorgeous little sparrow from the Best Birds Photopolymer Stamp Set,
I’ve stamped the sparrow in Basic Black Archival Ink to complement my other colours.
I’ve then used the coordinating Birds & Blooms Thinlits Dies to die cut out the sparrow.

 
The “Hello” sentiment comes from the new Chase Your Dreams Clear Mount Stamp Set,
I've stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink onto some Basic Black Cardstock before
heat embossing the sentiment with White Stampin' Emboss Powder.
 
The sparrow is placed on top of a small circle made with the Layering Circle Framelits Dies,
I’ve repeatedly stamped the die cut circle using the same Hello stamp as I’ve used for my
sentiment, stamping the little Hello repeatedly in Soft Sky Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock.

 
Lastly I added a small messy bundle of Basic Black Metallic Thread on top of the stamped circle
before popping up the sparrow using Stampin' Dimensionals to give the card some dimension.
And for a final added detail I also added three Brights Enamel Shapes in Bermuda Bay.
 
I hope you enjoyed this little sparrow card design,
Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

PROJECT SUPPLY LIST
 

2 comments

  1. I love the pop of colour against the black and white image and card. Clean and simple, a clever design. Thanks for playing with us at Global Design Project this week.

    ReplyDelete